We are a team of experienced and passionate education and sports coaches who use our expertise to offer a variety of physical activity sessions to schools.
Our experience makes us a business to rely on.
Over the past seven years, we have enjoyed a flawless reputation among the 42 primary schools we have provided services for.
Those schools have enhanced our reputation by coming back to Coach Unlimited time and time again and we are proud of the relationships we have built up with them, not only with the teaching staff there but the students and parents too.
Our relationship with the education provider is crucial to what we do and that is why we take schools’ needs, wishes and feedback so seriously.
Led by director Teresa Hames, who has 15 years of experience working with schools across the Midlands, Coach Unlimited’s dedicated group of coaches are committed to delivering high-quality resources all of the time.
Coach Unlimited can:
- Deliver exciting lessons to students
- Coach teachers to deliver our plans
- Provide schools with purposefully-devised written lesson plans for them to deliver themselves
We believe children should be given high quality physical activity sessions… all of the time.
And because of that, we make sure they are not the only ones learning and constantly striving to get better.
That’s our job too.
So all of our coaches receive two hours of professional development training every week to make sure they are always on top of their game and develop their own skill set as our employee. We want them to grow with us.
This ensures that they deliver to the highest possible standards and keep up with new methods and ideas in the provision of PE education. Those standards not only include their session planning and delivery but other important issues surrounding safeguarding or classroom management.
Our coaches are expected to provide session plans before every lesson and are both observed and performance managed at least twice a year by our education manager, who is a qualified PE teacher. Performance management targets then structure a personalised development framework for our coaches.
• Staff Employment Checks
• Staff contracts and conduct
• Staff Induction
• Staff & Host School Professional Development
• Coach probation / management
• Company Operating Procedures
This was awarded in November 2017 by Future Active. Future Active Enterprise Ltd is a social enterprise that has been created through a partnership between Learning South Leicestershire School Sports Partnership, and Hinckley & Bosworth & Leicester City School Sport and Physical Activity Networks in order to champion active, healthy successful futures for all young people.
Future Active provides locally delivered professional development opportunities, to support schools and other organisations to improve their PE, sport and physical activity provision.
“CoachUnlimited meets the criteria set and is a fit for purpose provider of sports coaches working in schools.”
- Recruitment process is strong supported by safer recruitment training
- Involvement of schools in the interview process, which includes a practical element
- Ongoing professional development of coaches and weekly staff meeting programme
- Use of an external Human Resources (HR) company strengthens policies and procedures
- Coach and client contracts were legally prepared, clear and professional
- Induction process was effective, including the opportunity to shadow existing coaches
- Performance management was in place including staff observations by the company director
- Formative observation pro-forma
- Target setting and buddying system
- Policies and procedures to tackle under performance
- Business Risks are understood, assessed and minimised
- Leadership and management highly effective
Areas required for immediate attention:
“All the staff at CoachUnlimited are very proud that we can now be used as a benchmark for other coaching companies and that schools can rest assured that they are receiving the ‘high quality provision’ we have always promised.”
Child Protection Policy
CoachUnlimited has a duty of care to safeguard all children involved in sports sessions from harm. All children have a right to protection, and the needs of disabled children and others who may be particularly vulnerable must be taken into account. CoachUnlimited will ensure the safety and protection of all children involved in sports sessions through adherence to the Child Protection guidelines.